Monday, January 11, 2010

More Than You Can Imagine!

Today, KLOVE's encouraging word was from Ephesians 3:20 (NLT): "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

I've been listening to Wayne Jacobsen's podcasts called "The God Journey" (found here: http://thegodjourney.com/) and they have been awesome. In one podcast, Wayne and Brad Cummings were discussing what life held for them that day. Wayne said that he wakes up each day and asks, "Father, lead me to the person you would like for me to meet today" and "Show me Father what you have for me today."

The discussion progressed and one of them mentioned something I had not considered before. When we gather around us our expectations of that day, we can seriously undermine God's perfect plan for us. Our expectations of how a situation might go or how we might meet a certain person are so puny compared to God's all-knowing, all-powerful plan. When we force our expectations on the day, person or event, we limit God's power in our lives.

I think this Scripture encompasses that line of thought... There is NO WAY I could have asked, thought of, or even imagined what God has done in my life these past 9 months! His work in me has accomplished infinitely MORE than I would have ever dreamed; and all glory MUST go to Him for His work in my life!

I know this blog has been sporadic, but I am hoping to change that. As my Word time has solidified and become a habit, my new goal for this year is to make this blog a habit. I want others to see Father's love for me, in me and through me and to desire that love for themselves. I would encourage you to read the book He Loves Me: Learning to Live in the Father's Affection by Wayne Jacobsen.

Saturated in His Love,

Jody

2 comments:

  1. I've become so disenchanted with Christians attempts at influencing the political machine. Is that what we were called to do? Do Christians in China or Iran have that opportunity? Is it even important to them? It seems to me that we shouldn't be trying to change the world if we can't even influence our own families or neighbors. Shouldn't that be where we start? Don't we have a better chance to do that? If we outlaw abortion we may have made our laws look more Christian, but have we really saved anyone? Is it easier to accept failure on a national level than it is on a personal level? If we fail to change the law we can blame unnamed antagonists. If we fail to show love to our neighbor who do we blame? It's the personal Jesus that is far more difficult to deal with in my opinion than the idolized Jesus. Is it possible to make an impersonal idol out of him? Isn't it easier to handle than to call him a friend? ~forgive me, I'm rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my previous post I used abortion as an example and it wasn't the best choice because if we outlaw abortion we certainly HAVE saved someone. But there are many issues that just aren't that important. I certainly don't want to diminish the work of groups like focus on the family that are active politically, but I also don't want Christians to lose sight of what we can do right here right now within our own family and community. My biggest point is that we cannot save this country by passing laws. We can only save this country by making better people and that can only happen one person at a time.

    ReplyDelete