Tuesday, February 9, 2010

JUDGMENT DAY... WHAT WILL I HEAR?

During my daily Scripture reading for devotions, I am finishing up the book of Matthew this week. Yesterday's reading was in Matthew 24 and 25, where Jesus tells the parables of the fig tree, ten virgins and talents. All of these are His way of admonishing us to be ready for His return.

I once heard someone say that "Judgment day does not determine our eternal destiny; it is only revealing what we have lived." That statement made me sit back and take a deep breath. What will judgment day reveal as to how I have lived my life? Will Father be proud of the choices I've made? Will He be sad that I missed opportunities for loving others in His name?

Just something to ponder today... On judgment day, what will I hear from Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment